Friday, October 8, 2010

Travels of The Hat -- Day One

On July 10, 2010, I went to a garage sale on a parking lot between two buildings on Frederica Street in downtown Owensboro. I had seen a notice about the sale on Facebook, posted by my FB friend, Julie Head Alvey, and I went to the sale basically hoping to meet her. (It's fun to meet in person friends you've talked to on FB.) While I was there I noticed this hat. It was blue, sort of shapeless, what some people call a fisherman's hat, lying on a rickety table in the hot sun. I wasn't sure i wanted it. I picked out a couple small pieces of glassware, which I collect, and then, on impulse, picked up The Hat.  It was to be a momentous decision.  And a cheap one.  All three items came to a grand total of two dollars.  I didn't know it then, but something big was beginning.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment